Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My Favorite Kindle Paperwhite Apps

When I bought my Kindle Paperwhite, I didn't consider doing anything else with it other than reading but after browsing theAmazon Kindle Store, I found some fun and useful apps for my amazing gadget.

I found these in Games and Active Content.....





(Scroll down for a screenshot inside these apps)


My Favorite calculator is on my daughter's Ipod Touch but when she's using her Ipod, which is often, the Handy Calc is a great (and handy) alternative. The numbers are big on this simple calculator reducing fat finger mistakes.

It's also priced right at $0.99 in the Amazon Kindle Store!


Hangman is one of my all time favorite word games on pencil and paper. When I saw this game was available for the Kindle Paperwhite, I grabbed it for only $0.99 in the Amazon Kindle Store.

I can choose from five difficulty levels ranging from Very Easy to Very Hard and from these six categories: 
  • Animals
  • Common English
  • Foods and Vegetables
  • Human Body
  • Office and Business
  • Transport and Vehicle

It's a fun but far from easy. I really have to put on my thinking cap!




Jigsaw Words Volume 2 is my newest favorite Kindle Paperwhite App. If you like word games, you'll love this one. It may look easy but it's not.

There's ten categories to choose from. Below I have chosen the category, 'A Journey Through the Decades: The Roaring 1920's'.

I know very little about the 1920's which makes this one especially difficult but more satisfying to complete. 

There's also a Jigsaw Words Volume 1 I'm keeping in mind for later. Both Jigsaw Words games are FREE in the Amazon Kindle store!




Notepad Plus is a great app for making shopping lists, keeping up with tasks or keeping a diary. Notepad Plus is $0.99 in the Amazon Kindle store.


So far these are my favorite Kindle Paperwhite apps but there are others I am looking forward to playing with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment