Tuesday, April 1, 2014

How to Setup Verizon Pantech UML290 WiFi with TLMR3040 Wireless Router

DSL is not offered in this area, so we use the Pantech 4GLTE UML290 from Verizon Wireless.

The only drawback is that the UML290 supplies internet for one device, it's not Wi-Fi. Sometimes it would be nice to have Wi-Fi, such as my IPod or Xbox360. I could one of the Verizon jetpacks/hotspots but the USB modem works so well in this area and my desktop would need a wi-fi adapter, etc.

So I bought the TLMR3040 to use with my UML290 when we need WiFi.


The router comes with a quick installation guide and a resource CD. 

The router usage will become less reliable if the battery gets weak. It's a good idea to keep it on charge while in use.

This is what mine looks like (below) with the UML290, ethernet cable and power cord attached.



HOW TO SET UP THE TLMR3040 Wireless Router and UML290 to supply WiFi to an XBOX360.



  • The router has three modes which can be found on the side. For this purpose slide it to 3G/4G.   
  • Insert the supplied ethernet cable into the router and the ethernet port of your computer. Connect the power cord to the micro USB port for best result.
  • Give the router a couple minutes for all of the lights on front to glow. 
  • Open a browser (I used Chrome and Windows 7), type 192.168.0.1 in the browsers address bar. (You don't have to be online to do this)
  • You'll be prompted for username and password (below), enter admin for both.

  • Go to quick setup. Enter the phone number of your UML290. For (Verizon's) APN enter WE01.VZWSTATIC


    • Give your wireless network a name. Choose a password.


    • Then finish the quick setup.
    • The router should connect.
    • Now go to your XBOX and connect to a network like you normally would. The router should be detected. I named my network tplink (see below).


    (The service alert was because Netflix was having issues. Nothing related to the router)

    The TLMR3040 Wireless Router also works very well with my Ipod Touch generation 4 and generation 5, Philips 29PFL4908 HDTV (smart tv), Straightalk Samsung Proclaim (Cell) and Kindle Paperwhite.

     Note: I don't know if this will work with every computer but the router stills works great with my computer turned off. When all four lights are illuminated it's ready to use. 

    3 comments:

    1. My MR3040 will not work with the UML290 unless I plug the UML into a USB adapter or extension cable of some sort. Your picture shows the UML plugged directly into the 3040.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have to use an extension cable for it to work. I intended to add an image of the extension cable but forgot to do that. Thank you for pointing that out.

        Delete
    2. Will this work if i only want to connect with the Ethernet port . Can someone please
      Provide step by step instruction

      ReplyDelete