Tuesday, April 1, 2014

MOOM: Facial Hair Removal option for women with PCOS


No doubt you are asking yourself what MOOM is. This is a 'very good thing' that will appeal to women more than men because it's a simple, inexpensive, yet effective form of hair removal. I first read about MOOM when I subscribed to Dr. Lark's Newsletter.

For many years I endured expensive, painful electrolysis treatments. Since I have a hormone imbalance, getting my facial hair growth under control is not easy. Here's an article I wrote about my experiences with facial hair removal ...
PCOS and Hair Removal Options

Moom is not totally painless but it's more painless than waxing or electrolysis.

This is how I do it and I get great results:




1) Remove the lid from the MOOM jar, then put it in the microwave for 10 seconds. It doesn't have to be heated to use but it does spread easier.


2)Clean and dry your face to remove oils.

I use the wide wooden applicator for my face and neck. On the upper lip area I use the small wooden applicator.
Dip an applicator in the MOOM, then spread it on face. Spread it as thin as you can get it; it works better. I let it sit for about 30 seconds before I apply the cloth. Letting it sit seems to make it stickier.

3) Apply a cloth to the MOOM-ed area. Run your hand lightly over it to make sure it adhered.
-->

4) You want to pull the cloth in the opposite direction of hair growth. Before you pull the cloth, use the fingers of the other hand to hold the skin, pulling the slack out. If you don't do that, it won't be as effective.

-->

5) Have a warm washcloth handy to clean remaining MOOM from your face. Also have a warm bowl of water nearby for the used cloth strips. They are reusable but need to be cleaned and dried. I rinse them in warm water until all the MOOM is out and then arrange them on paper towels. They dry really fast.
When you get used to what it feels like when you rip off a cloth, it's not really that bad. The upper lip area is in my opinion, the most painful.

The only side effect I have found from MOOM is that after the cloth is ripped off, the skin will be slightly numb. It's a good side effect because I can grab my tweezers and get those few hairs on the upper lip area that were left behind, if any, without it being so painful.
Here's a fantastic YouTube Video, about how to use MOOM. It's over eight minutes long and covers everything you need to know.

Happy MOOM-ing!

I use pointed tweezers like this one.

They really hold on to the hair. The tips are thin and bluntly pointed so that I can see the hair within the tips.

I also use a lighted, magnified mirror similar to this one.

What's awesome about this mirror is that you can choose between 10x, 1x and a smaller inserted mirror with 15x magnification for really closeup inspection.

when I place the MooM strips. After I remove the strip, there's always a few stray hairs left over that were too tough for the MooM, that I have to tweeze. It's the perfect time to tweeze them because the skin is a bit numb after ripping off the cloth strip. I want to be sure I am getting all the hair and this is absolutely the best way.
A Patient's Guide to PCOS: Understanding--and Reversing--Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

No comments:

Post a Comment