Saturday, May 17, 2014

Nutribullet and My Hypothyroidism, PCOS, High Blood Pressure, Fatigue, Shingles

I was 203 pounds, hypothyroid, have PCOS, high blood pressure, turning 50 soon and recently broke out with shingles on my face. Add that in with the stress, anxiety and constant fatigue, I had to improve my health. Every day was exhausting.

If you haven't got your health, you don't have anything. That saying is so true.
I bought Nutri Bullet on March 25, 2014 and starting using it. I've used it every morning since. It wasn't about losing weight to look better. If I never lost a pound, as long as I felt better, I would be happy.

For me, when I got past 'dieting', losing weight so I would be prettier to myself and other people, that's when changes started taking place. It was about my health and that was all.

So fast forward to today, May 17, 2014.


  • My blood pressure is consistently normal.
  • I can better handle stress and anxiety.
  • I've lost the desire to eat anything processed.
  • My energy level has improved (but not as much as I would like).
  • Occasional constipation is no longer a problem.
  • And I have lost 13 pounds from eating healthier
For me, the Nutribullet hasn't been the ....instant miracle... it has for many people but my health is improving, though it's not entirely because of the Nutribullet. 

These are things I did to improve my health that the Nutribullet couldn't do for me:
  • No processed foods of any kind
  • No wheat, soy, sugar, dairy or breads
  • Stopped eating after 5:00 PM
  • Drink a smoothie for 7:00AM (breakfast), snack at 9:00AM, lunch at 12:00PM, snack at 3:00 PM
If it's not a real food, I don't want it. Chips, candy, soft drinks, ice cream....poison for your body. All it will do is make you fatter and sicker. I eat as clean (organic and non-GMO), simple and healthy as I possibly can with: 
  • Fish 
  • Hormone Free Chicken
  • Occasional Venison
  • Nuts
  • Seeds
  • Fruits
  • Vegetables  

That might seem drastic and impossible to a lot of people but when you get sick enough it's very easy to give up anything to get your health back.

The Nutri Bullet is worth the cost and the effort. I have enjoyed buying the nutritious, fresh ingredients for my morning smoothie. On the couple of mornings I didn't have my smoothie, I really missed it because I love the taste (most of them anyway) and the morning energy boost it gives me.

~ Lisa

      

No comments:

Post a Comment