Monday, May 19, 2014

NutriBullet Recipe with Zucchini: 8 Great Health Benefits

This morning I added zucchini to my smoothie. Vegetables have some amazing benefits when you begin to research and learn about them. I believe the body can heal itself, given the tools it needs but it's not an easy road, endurance and patience are required.

In my case food has changed from 'eat whatever I want, whenever I want', to using food as a medicine for healing my body. My morning smoothie is one of those tools.

Zucchini is one of those vegetables with amazing benefits

10% of the RDA for fiber
Lowers Cholesterol (Fiber, A, C)
Cancer prevention, Particularly Colon Cancer (Fiber)
Prostate Health (Phytonutrients)
Anti-Inflammatory Agents (Vitamins A,C and Copper)
Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention (Folate and 10% RDA of Magnesium)
Lowers Blood Pressure (Potassium and Magnesium)
High in Manganese (19% of the RDA)

The Zucchini has benefits I am definitely in need of, except 'prostate health'. 

Here are the ingredients in my Zucchini Smoothie:

6 Chunks Frozen Pineapple
1/4 Avocado
2 TBS Raw Sunflower Seeds
10 Almonds


This smoothie has a green taste, rather than a fruity taste. I also added 6 ice cubes because I like it very cold. 

~Lisa~

No comments:

Post a Comment