Saturday, October 31, 2015

I am in total control of one thing; so are you


But first some gab:

It's 3:30 in the morning and I can't sleep.

Our country and the world is in a mess for so many reasons. Obesity, cancer, sudden tragedy and life threatening illnesses are at an all time high from my perspective, not to mention the insanity that's going on with our "leaders"; that's another can of worms.

I'm reminded of a cartoon where animated characters make a small snowball but it gets away from them and it begins to roll downhill, picking up speed, more snow and everything else in its way, with its creators chasing helplessly behind.

A haphazard array of arms and legs jut out of the massive snowball as it flattens houses in its path.
The cartoon characters are powerless to stop it.

That's happening to our world and our lives. It's all that families can do just to keep their heads above the water. The stress of treading water is wrecking our health.

But, there's one thing we are not powerless to control, that can help us to keep our heads above the water and that's what we eat.

I am in complete control of what my fork puts in my mouth. I haven't always been and three months ago I weighed 205 pounds because of that lack of control.

The food we eat has the power to either build us up or tear us down both physically and mentally.
Now I weight 183 pounds. My blood pressure is down, I feel more positive and even though my eating habits won't change the world, it will help me and my family to deal with our stressful lives, through a strong immune system and plenty of energy to face what's just around the corner.

One of the most important things we can do for ourselves  is to take care of the one body we were given. Consume vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds and avoid pizza and cheeseburgers like they are the plague because they kinda are.

Here's a list of foods that are (some) surprisingly bad for you: The SIXTEEN DEADLIEST FOODS YOU EAT EVERY DAY!

And this link is the Aggregate Nutrient Density Index (ANDI) Guide which is a scoring system that rates foods on a scale from 1 to 1000 based on nutrient content. 

The image below is the ANDI score of Green vegetables and non-green vegetables but beans, nuts and seeds and herbs are also on the ANDI Guide. Check out herbs, especially basil, WOW! Basil has a higher score than any of the listed fruits, beans, seeds, nuts AND NON-GREEN VEGETABLES below!  



I still have a long journey before I get my health back but I'm in control and on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment